Wednesday, November 22, 2017


Review

***1/2
Deadly Choices by Karen Randau has everything you want in a mystery. It has a lot of heart, and love. It has characters who will stay with you long after you finish the book. It's a wonderful story. I have to say when I started reading it, I wasn't sure I was going to like it but the more I got in to it, the more I enjoyed it. Mrs. Randau did a wonderful job with this book. Once I got in to it, I could not put it down!

BLURB:

In book 3 of the Rim Country Mysteries, an elderly woman stumbles into the campsite as Rita, Cliff, and Rita’s long-lost mother Willow enjoy s’mores and folk music around the fire. The action heats up when Willow falls for the key suspect, Rita’s old friend and mentor. Rita discovers her mother isn’t the woman she thought she was, and Rita must overcome a spate of life-threatening obstacles
before anyone else dies.

EXCERPT:

“It’s illegal to leave the fire unattended,” I said. “And Cliff needs to get Lucy to the hospital.” I didn’t expect Willow’s cringe when I yanked my gun from under my tunic and pulled the slide to force a round into the chamber. “You can go with Cliff if you want, but I’d rather not be here alone. I’m not afraid to use this gun if I need to. Which I don’t expect to.”

“Willow, this could have been an accident.” Cliff jumped into the driver’s side of the Jeep and leaned his arm on the steering wheel. “Lucy’s student never walked through our camp. I’ve seen no cars drive by. The student parked somewhere else.”

Cliff glanced at the trailhead. “He might also be injured. To be extra cautious, Rita can get the rifle from the tent. You two sit back-to-back so you have a three-sixty degree view of your surroundings.”

Willow spun around. “But … wild animals . . . there was a gunshot.”

Cliff closed his door and opened the window. “I’ve seen Rita fight and shoot, and I can assure you that you’re safe with her. I’ll have to file a report, but I shouldn’t be more than an hour or two. I’ll let the county sheriff know he needs to activate the search and rescue team to find the student. Then I’ll be back.”

Cliff shifted into gear. “Willow, why don’t you use this time to tell Rita where you’ve been for the last twenty-five years?”



AUTHOR Bio and Links:


A native of the southwest U.S., Karen Randau pens the Rim Country Mystery series set in the quaint fictional mountain town of Rim Vista, Arizona, below the Rim of the Colorado Plateau.
The series features fast-paced stories with intricate plots, lots of action, and a pinch of romance, told from the point of view of protagonist Rita Avery.


Karen has traveled internationally and witnessed famines, violence, and hopeful people working to overcome abject poverty. She draws on both her creativity and personal experience to weave together an interesting cast of characters with rollercoaster-like twists and turns.


Links:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Light Shines on Promise Lodge

Hello everyone and welcome! Today I'd like to introduce Charlotte Hubbard and her Amish/Inspirational Romance, Light Shines on Promis...